Monday, June 18, 2012

well officer...

sorry mom...but i had to post this...

one day my mother got pulled over. 


the officer said angrily,
'maam, did you realize that you pulled out right in front of me?!'
my mom boldly replied,
'well officer, you were coming kind of fast!'






true story.

...we should be able to be this bold with our spiritual authority. 
pastors, teachers, mentors, etc...they are to be respected. 

...but they are human...and people don't belong on pedestals...

a good leader welcomes loving, respectful accountability...

any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I have to admire your mom's tenacity with the policeman :)

    I do agree with you; they should never be put on pedestals. I think if we do put them on pedestals, it would be so easy to have them become like the Pharisees and their mentality from the Bible.

    When we lived in Orange County in California before we moved, for a bit we went to Saddleback Church, the church Rick Warren (Purpose Driven Life) started. I have to admit, I was a bit in awe of him at first but he was very much not wanting extra attention or being put on a pedestal; in fact he stressed often the church should be able to run without him if it was a healthy church.

    We are all the same in God's eyes I do believe :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete

i really appreciate comments...so comment away...