Friday, June 22, 2012

Psalm 13

How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?
Look on me and answer, Lord my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death, 
and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,”
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation. 
I will sing the Lord’s praise,
for he has been good to me.



...i love this psalm.
when i read this, i imagine david...screaming at the top of his lungs...'God, where the heck are you!?!' i have often felt that mix of despair and anger...i take long drives just bawling my eyes out...hollering and bellyaching...until my eyes and lips swell up.

i am so thankful that God is secure enough to handle me.  i can just rip into Him...i can pound on His chest...and He can take it...my fists aren't going to hurt Him... 

i think He would really prefer the honesty to batting eyelashes, unicorns and rainbows...


but what really makes this psalm awesome is those last two sentences.  it's like david sighs and takes a reality check...that God's plan is perfect and that even though we may feel like He's not there...we can trust Him.

sigh...may you trust in His unfailing love...may you rejoice in His salvation...may you sing the Lord's praise...and remember that He has been good to you...


2 comments:

  1. I do agree with you, we can come to God with our honest thoughts/reactions because he already knows them anyway, but even then to praise him and know of his greatness, I think then we really get the magnitude of his awesomeness and greatness and then in turn how really small our problems are because he is leading us and guiding us where he wants us to be. Psalms are one of my favorite scriptures to read; so much emotion there, so much praise.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great and timely post! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

i really appreciate comments...so comment away...