Thursday, June 14, 2012

dog vomit

why do we feel obligated to certain people?

we know that certain relationships aren't good for us...they are poisonous even...

the gossips...the nags...the critics...the people that make you question your relationship with God...the people that make you want to rip out your hair...or theirs.

yet still we return.

ARGH!  WHY DO I RETURN?!?

i do so well for so long.  i grow and become independant.  i trust God.  i 'lean not on my own understanding'.  then i go back to those unhealthy relationships like i think things will be different.  i tell myself...'they need me' or 'i need them' or 'they're supposed to be part of my life'.

for some reason this verse comes to mind...

Proverbs 26:11
As a dog returns to its vomit, so fools repeat their folly.




i guess that doesn't say much for those people...or for myself for that matter...but that's the verse that is rolling over and over again in my head...sigh...it's like God is saying 'when will you learn?'


may you learn from your mistakes and not repeat them...and avoid those that can make you sick...

2 comments:

  1. Perfect verse. Can so relate. For me it is called enmeshment. I have been on my healing journey to break away from those kind of relationships. Hard. Thanks for being honest. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very wise advice indeed; every time the dog throws up and "cleans up" afterwards, I am reminded of that Proverb.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

i really appreciate comments...so comment away...