Sunday, July 29, 2012

'la la la la...i just didn't want to hear it.'

my 3 year old was watching a veggietales movie about lying (something he is experimenting with lately) well about 1/3 of the way thru he covered his ears because he 'just didn't want to hear it'.

i asked myself...do i ever cover my ears when God is trying to teach me about something before it grows into a problem?  do i purposely ignore His gentle voice as He tries to lead me in the right direction because i 'just didn't want to hear it'? 




unfortunately...i answered myself...or God answered me...
i ignore Him.  all. the. time.

i am so ashamed to post this...but promised i would be naked (metaphorically ;) ) here...even if it's ugly...so as long as He gets glory in the end it will be worth it.  but it is still hard to see.  i have written about my effectiveness as a Christian witness and feeling small and ignored.  what a shame that i might make my Creator feel the same way. 

it's time to pull my hands from my ears and listen more closely for God's words to me.  (i am great at listening for God's words for other people...not so great at receiving words for myself.)

sigh.  thanks God...for your grace and mercy.  that even when i am obviously ignoring Your words...You never stop speaking to me.  thanks for giving me the choice to listen or not to listen.

Jesus.  i choose You.

3 comments:

  1. I too choose Jesus! But you are so right, he does give us the choice to listen to him or not and he is continually talking to us. I need to discern his voice a little more clearer these days.

    may today be a good one!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Thanks for being so vulnerable and letting us see what God is impressing on your heart. It can be uncomfortable sometimes to share those things but its so encouraging to know others are going through similar battles.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is rough being so vulnerable...but God is strong in our weakness. I can just picture Kai, and it makes me smile. We all choose to not listen sometimes...

    ReplyDelete

i really appreciate comments...so comment away...