Monday, July 2, 2012

...and you came to me...

one of my girls was in time out for hitting her brother. 

after a few minutes i realized that her sister had brought her toys to play with.  i was about to correct her for getting involved in her sister's punishment but then Matthew 25:36 came to mind...

Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Enter, you who are blessed by my Father! Take what's coming to you in this kingdom. It's been ready for you since the world's foundation. And here's why:

I was hungry and you fed me,
I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
I was homeless and you gave me a room,
I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
I was sick and you stopped to visit,
I was in prison and you came to me.

we give food to our local foodbank...
we give clothes to the mission...
we bring meals to the sick...
we send letters to people in prison...

we have intentionally provided these examples for our kids...and my daughter was following them...how could i correct her for doing exactly what i do?  even if the timing was off?

so...i pulled her aside and talked to her about a more appropriate time to share...and told her how much i loved her beautiful heart...


4 comments:

  1. Great parenting! Way to listen to the leading of the Spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so sweet of your little one to bring comfort to someone in "prison". Modeling serving like you are doing will be great examples for your children as they grow!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful. What an example. Thank you for sharing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes me so happy to hear that your precious daughter has grasped a piece of the Kingdom :) Welldone for listening to God's prompting. God bless!

    ReplyDelete

i really appreciate comments...so comment away...