Tuesday, July 17, 2012

credibility


 
i was reading in Titus 2 today...it reminded me of highschool.

i learned a lot in school.  but not so much in english class.

my teacher was a very nice lady...but she had horrible grammar.  it made me crazy when the woman who was supposed to be preparing me for college would say 'you is going to write this essay' or 'he don't care about his grade' and worse yet...she would often mix up their, they're and there.

...like nails on a chalkboard...

she was an english teacher for pete's sake!

as we are encouraging people to follow Jesus how is our credibility?  are we trying to live in the real world dealing with real stuff in a Christlike way?  are we asking people for forgiveness when we provide a poor example of Jesus's love and grace? 

Titus 2
...but mostly, show them all this by doing it yourself,
incorruptible in your teaching, your words solid and sane.
Then anyone who is dead set against us,
when he finds nothing weird or misguided, might eventually come around...

1 comment:

  1. That is kind of funny about the English teacher; I guess it is the example of "do what I teach, but maybe not how I say it?" I often have to remind myself I'm Jesus' ambassador, the only "Jesus" some people might see so I do try to represent him the best I can and do end up asking for forgiveness quite a bit when I don't :)

    enjoy the day!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

i really appreciate comments...so comment away...