Thursday, July 19, 2012

Daddy's arms

my brother and his sweet little girl

do you remember having nightmares when you were little?  and crawling up into your parent's bed where everything was okay?  a little kid is never safer than when they are in their daddy's arms.

but sometimes even as an adult life is like a nightmare.  bills are due, the house is a mess, husbands are grumpy, kids are chaotic, dishes and laundry are dirty, dinner isn't going to make itself...
people get sick.  relationships end.  hearts get broken.  people die.

take a second and look at this picture. 

you know...my husband and i joke about how our bed is really the kids' bed.  we always end up with someone in bed with us.  the baby needs to eat.  a 2 year old had an accident.  or the 3 year old just wants to join the party...we half-heartedly complain...but really...deep down...we love it.
i absolutely love waking up with little stinky feet in my face or little arms around my neck.  it reminds me how good it is to be alive.

my dad isn't perfect.  my brother isn't perfect.  my husband and i are not perfect.
but God is...and He delights in holding you when times get rough (or even when you just want to join the party)...

Zephaniah 3:17
For the Lord your God is living among you.
He is a mighty savior.
He will take delight in you with gladness.
With his love, he will calm all your fears.
He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.


He is always there...He promised He would be.  His arms are strong enough to hold you and keep you safe.  and as you crawl into His arms and press your ear to His chest...you'll hear Him humming a lullaby of His peace, love, joy, plans and desires for you.  you can rest in Daddy's arms.





2 comments:

  1. A precious picture indeed. Thank you for sharing. Also for your support and encouragement of recent to me. Blessings dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a favorite scripture of mine! I need to remember to rest in my Father's arms more often.....

    betty

    ReplyDelete

i really appreciate comments...so comment away...