Friday, July 13, 2012

i got nuthin'

anyone else ever have a dry spell?

i go thru these deep, inspiring, insightful times where i just can't write fast enough for my mind and then the next day i sit down to write aaaaand...

...crickets...


...'there once was a man from nantucket'...
...delete...delete...delete...

...'oiahg;e a;h viae fjikh fa;a hvoi ahkf'...
...delete...delete...delete...
...sigh...

...'my mind is a vapid wasteland'...
....delete...

...'my kids have sucked me completely dry'...
...delete...

...crickets...
'...hmm...okay then...'
...closes laptop...
...maybe i need a sandwich.


i can find all kinds of cool images or really awesome verses but can't write anything worthwhile.

God is still there.  i know He is because He promised He would be (it's not like He has to get up to pee or anything...) but those times can be so frustrating.  i like this verse...

Lamentations 3:22-24
God's loyal love couldn't have run out,
  his merciful love couldn't have dried up.
 They're created new every morning.
  How great your faithfulness!
 I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over).
 He's all I've got left.

He's all i've got left.  man...that line is so me right now.  when stripped of wit, wisdom, eloquence, and inspiration...all i have is Him.  i am okay with that.


1 comment:

  1. that is a favorite of mine too and considering what was going on at the time when Jeremiah wrote it, it makes it more awwesome that he could say those words! I've had a few dry spells myself; I think that's why I don't write daily; hoping though the weekend is a restful one (yeah right with four little ones.....) so I hope the weekend is not a chaotic one :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete

i really appreciate comments...so comment away...